1. Preheat oven to 180C. Scatter the hazelnuts over a baking tray. Bake for 10mins or until toasted. Set aside to cool. Rub hazelnuts in a clean teatowel to remove skins. Coarsely chop.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes, or until onion softens. Add the garlic and fennel seeds and cook for 1 minute, or until aromatic. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes, or until reduced by half.
3. Add cauliflower, chopped pear, potato, stock, and 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. While the cauliflower mixture is cooking, heat remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sage leaves in batches, and cook for 30 seconds each side, or until crisp.
5. Add sour cream and blue cheese to the cauliflower mixture. Carefully use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Season.
6. Divide soup among serving bowls, sprinkle with sage leaves and hazelnuts.
Serve and enjoy.
Recipe from the Coles magazine.
I'M A DESIGNER & ILLUSTRATOR FROM MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.